Although Hurricane Florence downgraded as it neared the coast and veered south, many coastline towns are experiencing flooding and several other areas are experiencing power outages.
Here’s a quick sitrep on some of the clubs that were in Hurricane Florence’s wake:
- All-American Fencing Academy: No damage or flooding at the club, power outages and downed trees throughout the city. Some schedule changes.
- Mid-South Fencers Club: Some schedule changes.
- Apex Fencing Academy: No damage or leaks.
- Research Triangle Fencing: Some schedule changes.
- North Carolina Fencing Development Program: Some schedule changes.
- Salle New Bern: Staff is good. Unknown condition of recreation center where Salle New Bern practices.
- Cape Fear Fencing Association: Situation not completely known. Cape Fear Fencing Association is in Wilmington and about 5 blocks from the Cape Fear River. The club is prone to floods so materials have all been moved off the floor. I-40 is washed out in 2 places. County management says power may not return for another 2 weeks. TOURNAMENT CANCELLED WEEKEND OF 22/23.