The tournament submission deadlines for events in NC are as follows for the 2016-17 season:
Clubs or individuals wishing to host a tournament sanctioned by the division shall submit their requests for September 1st through December 31st of the current year by August 1st of the current year. Clubs or individuals wishing to host a tournament sanctioned by the division shall submit their requests for January 1st through August 31st of the following year by October 1st of the current year.
Requests received after the submission deadline will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to get your tournament sanctioned
To be able to award classifications at your tournament, your event must be sanctioned by the Division. To request your tournament be sanctioned, email your request to email@example.com, and include the following:
- Desired date, as well as one alternate date
- Name of the event (if it has one)
- Location of event (provide the city, if the exact venue is not known)
- Weapons that will be fenced
- Any additional restrictions such as format, age and gender (e.g. Team, Mixed Vet Combined, Y14 Women).
- If you are submitting more than one event request, indicate your priority order (the Scheduling Committee will attempt to schedule the first priority event for each club, before proceeding to the second priority, etc.).
Below are links to National Events, SAT/PSAT, and religious holidays to take in account for the 2016-17 season. While clubs are free to schedule events on these dates, the Division will attempt not to schedule qualification tournaments, to avoid potential conflicts for its fencers.